Salish Kootenai College
Salish Kootenai College seeks applicants for:
For a complete position description contact:
Human Resources, 406-275-4985
Open Until Filled
Purpose of this position is to instruct a variety of college level business courses. Related duties may include student advising, participation in faculty in-service and campus activities and assisting with departmental duties such as assessment and class development.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, prepare and develop course materials such as syllabi, assignments, handouts, and culturally relevant materials.
- Prepare and deliver classes to students. Initiate, facilitate and moderate classroom discussions. Evaluate and grade students’ class work, assignments and papers.
- Collaborate with colleagues to address teaching and research issues.
- Select and obtain materials and supplies such as textbooks.
- Plan, evaluate and revise curricula, course content, course materials and methods of instruction in accord with SKC mission and goals.
- Maintain scheduled office hours and availability to assist students.
- Interact with department members to plan, implement and participate in annual and long term evaluation of program.
Master of Business Administration, or equivalent degree, is required. Preference will be given to candidates with teaching experience in tribal college setting. Experience in private business helpful. Successful candidate must have preparation for teaching a variety of business courses appropriate for undergraduate students at a tribal college. Knowledge of Salish and Kootenai Tribes and the mission and goals of Salish Kootenai College is preferred. Must have ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds and the ability to communicate through written, spoken and visual media. Must have ability to work in team setting with multiple different groups and priorities.
To apply you must submit an SKC application, resume and applicable transcripts to Human Resources, P.O. Box 70, Pablo, MT 59855. Your application must include evidence that you have the skills, experiences and abilities indicated in this announcement (E.I. cover letter, resume and transcripts). Information you provide will be used as deciding factors in our employment process.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans and women. SKC is a tribal member preference employer as set forth in SKC policy. SKC is a drug free workplace. All pre-hires must pass a drug test before formal hiring.