Alter Enterprise (posted 9/10/2018)
$18.00 - $22.00/hr
The human resource generalist performs duties at the professional level in some or all of the following functional areas: employee relations, company policies and procedures, benefit management, training and performance reviews, recruitment and retention. This position requires an extremely perceptive person who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels within the organization. The generalist must be sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill and the business needs.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responds to employee relation issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations and civil rights complaints
- Coaches, counsels and guides managers before executing employee disciplinary actions.
- Handles employee relations counseling.
- Manages and tracks all employee disciplinary action.
- Monitors tardy and absenteeism reports and ensures proper documentation is issued on employees who have excessive tardiness or absenteeism problems. Reports vacation, sick, personal day and holiday use to payroll and scheduling. Maintains and distributes report of same.
- Equipment safety and onsite security
- Maintain/order office supplies
- Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs.
- Assists in planning company meetings, annual retreat, lunches, birthdays, etc..
Policies and Procedures
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all organization personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains the employee handbook and the policies and procedures manual.
- Partners with employees and management to communicate various human resource policies, procedures, laws, standards and other government regulations.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department(s) in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Maintains company organization charts and the employee directory.
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
- Maintains HR board and documents in Connectwise.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Assists in yearly holiday candy delivery, including organizing delivery boxes, routes and insuring all product is delivered by due date.
- Monitors employee eligibility for benefits plans.
- Reviews benefits with employees and processes enrollment, cancellation or changes.
- Organizes and manages annual open enrollment communications and election process. Maintains and distributes list of new and cancelled employees under each benefit plan.
- Verifies benefit billing accuracy and processes for payment.
- Schedule, review and attending meeting with employees and their supervisor regarding their quarterly SMARTgoals.
- Schedule, review and attending meeting with employees and their supervisor regarding their annual performance review.
- Abides by the compensation program; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary. May be asked to write/prep performance documents.
Hiring & Retention
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, students and temporary employees; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career-pathing program; and writes and places advertisements.
- Prepare and monitor new employee training matrix and review points.
- Ongoing training and personal/professional development opportunities for the team
- Conducts exit interviews, analyzes data and makes recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
MT State Law
- Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 report annually; and maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Ethical Practice.
- Global & Cultural Awareness.
- HR Expertise.
- Relationship Management.
- Critical Evaluation
- Embody and promote Alter Enterprise Norms
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but does serve as a coach and mentor for other team members.
This job operates in a professional office environment. Dress code is business casual. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, photocopiers and smartphones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
For meetings and seminars may be required.
Required Education and Experience
- A bachelor's degree and three to five years of HR experience, or seven years of experience in the HR field, or any similar combination of education and experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) credential.
- 3 to 5 years of human resource experience.
Alter Enterprise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Alter Enterprise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Holiday Inn Missoula Downtown
Human Resources Manager
Send Resume and Cover Letter by clicking here
Create a work environment that allows for personal growth and development for all associates, encourages an empowered and engaged workforce. Ensure prompt and appropriate response to conflict management. Evaluate and support proper staffing levels and positions to ensure the success of the hotel.
Coordinate, administer and report on various human resource programs, system and procedure to aid in the attraction, retention and motivation of employees in accordance with policies, procedures and government laws and regulations while promoting a safe, fair, positive work environment. The position is responsible for recruiting and hiring primarily hourly employees and daily administration of various salary, benefit, government and employee relations programs. Recommends and implements procedural/process changes.
- Recruit, screen, interview, perform reference checks and coordinate department interviews while ensuring quality hires and compliance with federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Position the hotel as a "preferred employer" in the area by maintaining strong community relations with referral agencies to maintain strong applicant flow.
- Coordinate and conduct associate orientation to introduce the associate to the hotel/company and ensure the appropriate information is disseminated and the appropriate forms are completed and processed: may include but not limited to, new hire forms, tax forms, benefit enroll forms, I-9 forms and an overview to the company handbook and employee policies.
- Communicate, educate and administer the associate benefit program in a timely, accurate manner.
- Track, coordinate and conduct trainings including associate orientation, brand training, Assist in the development, coordination, and implementation of various associate relations programs and events to ensure consistent administration and reduction of turnover.
- Provide open communications and promote a positive and pro-employee work environment.
- Prepare/monitor payroll forms & input/update new hires, terms and daily changes to ensure accurate, up-to-date information is available for payroll and management.
- Process forms and respond to written and oral inquiries regarding verification of employment, wages, unemployment compensation and worker's compensation claims, in a manner which is consistent and ensure that liability is minimized.
- Maintain employee records, files and the human resource office systems.
- Compile various corporate reports and property reports to provide management with accurate information and comply with corporate policies and procedures as well as government laws and regulations.
- Keep associate bulletin boards current, including, but not limited to: post memos, pictures of associate events, loss prevention materials.
- Maintain records for H.R. related expenses in employee relations, staff training, and recruitment advertising. Ensure purchase orders are completed for all purchases.
- Conduct exit interviews, track trends and complete turnover report in an accurate, timely manner.
Skilled in all facets of general business or area of specialty. Highly capable with current practices and looks ahead at opportunities to utilize new products, consumer trends, changes in the marketplace, and technology edge. Natural instincts and insight for finding the best solution to unclear issues and problems. Reflects on vast experience to determine numerous future possibilities. Can see how the details fit into the big picture. Highly capable and resourceful problem solver. Manages the creative process within an organization to develop unique solutions. Leverages creative solutions in an organization resulting in competitive advantages. Makes great decisions.
Effectively divides, assigns, and delegates work. Communicates directions and purpose of work resulting in associate ownership, pride, and quality. Is able to assess how associates can improve performance. Able to motivate and develop associates to their potential.
Readily leads when challenges arise, formulates and communicates clear work plans, Gives regular feedback on progress towards goals and makes changes accordingly.
Energy and Drive
Competitive, consistently driven to accomplish and exceed goals, able to create sense of urgency.
Personal and Interpersonal Skills
Welcoming and warm personality, demonstrates care for customers and associates, sets the tone for others in stressful situations by responding in a cool, calm, and collected way, creates confidence and trust with others, is viewed by others as honest and direct, comfortable in conversing with individuals from a variety of backgrounds and at all organizational levels, able to create an environment where associates thrive and actively seek approval of the manager, trusts associates, elevates associate confidence by encouraging decision making, is a self-improver who develops a variety of approaches and communication techniques tailored to each situation, builds high performing teams, compels teams to embrace a shared vision for success.
Must have moderate PC knowledge, Microsoft Office, minimum typing speed of 45 wpm, ability to write and communicate professionally, bi-lingual fluency a plus. Must be hospitality oriented, and possess the ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously. May require supervision/management skills.
Lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying -5% annually requires moving of supplies, files, transporting training materials, lifting binders on a regular basis. Bending/kneeling -5% daily would require entering lower drawers of filing cabinets that require bending, as needed to remove debris from floor to maintain a safe work area. Mobility -30% of day spent around the hotel maintaining employee relations, accessing copier, fax, maneuvering around the busy HR office. Continuous standing -only when conducting training usually 4 hour maximum -average once a month. Excellent hearing required to hear employee concerns, conduct interviews, phone work. Excellent vision required to review documentation, judge appearance, read applications, file records. Excellent speech communication skills required to conduct interviews, counseling sessions, phone work. Excellent comprehension and literacy required to review and prepare documentation.
Four year college degree or equivalent/education experience.
Experience is required with this company or other organization(s) for one to two years in hotel, human resources or related position.
Send resume and cover letter to Cindy Smith, General Manager, at Cindy.Smith@himissoula.com
For Information on how to get your local Human Resource Career Opportunities posted on this page contact email@example.com