Missoula Developmental Services Corperation
Human Resources Generalist
The Human Resources Generalist assists with benefits administration, recruiting, staffing, and new hire orientation, payroll administration, and data and record keeping. This position also requires a high level of confidentiality, attention to detail, and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- On a weekly basis collects timekeeping information from each manager. Verifies hours are correctly input into timekeeping software system.
- Ensures paid time benefits, unpaid time, sick leave and other employee absences are recorded correctly within the timekeeping system and maintains records.
- Inputs new hire and termination information, and status changes into software system.
- Coordinates with managers regarding staffing needs. Announces and maintains postings of open positions within the corporation.
- Accepts and screens applications for employment. Conducts reference checks and makes offers of employment to Direct Support Professional applicants.
- Completes new-hire paperwork and a variety of required background checks.
- Administers various benefit plans with employees, such as life, health, dental, vision, disability insurance and 403(b) plans.
- Maintains employee benefit files, I-9s and background check information and other pertinent record keeping.
- Compiles turnover data for review by management.
- Submits new workers' compensation claims to insurance carrier. Keeps Director of Human Resources (DoHR) apprised of each claim.
- Inputs training information and provides expiration information to managers. Tracks employee trainings and expiration dates.
- Completes EEOC reports and submits them in a timely manner.
- May assist with recruiting strategies such as special committee participation, job fairs, etc.
- Performs reception back-up duties as needed such as handling incoming and outgoing mail, answering phones and greeting customers.
- Maintains active, open and professional communications with all employees, community members, and vendors. Demonstrates team work in all aspects of work performance.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned by the DoHR or CEO.
- Minimum of high school diploma or GED with some college education.
- Two or more years of related experience.
- Combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Must be extremely proficient in use of timekeeping and spreadsheet software.
Knowledge & Skills
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret professional written communications, technical procedures and government regulations.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to compile and present data so that it is clearly understood.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where limited standardization exists.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule format.
- Generous Paid Time Off Policy
- Affordable Health Insurance package that includes Dental & Life Insurance
- Low cost Vision Insurance
- Optional Retirement Plan (403B) with matching company funds up to 3.5%
- Student Loans? Working for a non-profit may qualify you for Public Student Loan Forgiveness
To be considered for the HR Generalist position at MDSC you must complete an application either in person at 1005 Marshall St. in Missoula, or online at mdscmt.org and attach a resume. A cover letter is preferred but not required. Thank you.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 to $14.00 /hour
• Human Resources: 2 years (Required)
• Associate (Preferred)
License or certification:
• MT Driver License (Required)